I’ve never considered myself a skillful packer. Typically, I’ll wait until mere hours before departure to cram as much of my closet into a small suitcase and jet to the airport. One of my resolutions for the New Year was to train myself to be a blue-ribbon traveler: more organized, more intentional, more adventurous. I’ve whittled down my bad habits over the past few months and figured out the difference between essential items and those I should leave at home.
When it comes to my carry-on items, I’ve paired down to the essentials. Along with my laptop, iPad Mini and Nikon D600, I can’t travel without:
– Bally ‘Manly’ Dopp Kit … Exquisite leather and a compact shape make it the perfect hold-all for my essentials.
– Urbanears Heaphones … Comfortable and noise-cancelling, these are an absolute must for the plane.
– Coach iPhone Case (for iPhone 5s) … Two leathers, two colors – double the style!
– Small Pouch with Zzzquil and Q-Tips
– Kiehl’s Eye Cream and Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
– Mandarin Hand Lotion … I see people I know in the airport quite often. You don’t want to shake with hard, cracked hands.
– Toothbrush, Toothpaste and Altoid Smalls … you never know when you’ll need fresh breath
– St. Ives Apricot Scrub … Before I arrive, I wash off the plane funk so I can arrive fresh and – well – alive!
– Various Muji Travel Containers (housing facial lotion, cologne and hair gel)
What do you pack when you travel? What are your carry-on essentials?