Paris-based brand Sandro has been a favorite designer of mine for a few seasons now. Their bohemian approach to high fashion has earned them a loyal following both on and off the pages of the world’s fashion authorities, like Elle, GQ and the New York Times.
It’s rare that I find designer pieces that I’d want to wear again and again. Sometimes the print is too heavy, or the fabric isn’t breathable – whatever it may be, I have a hard time finding “regulars” in my wardrobe. Just about every piece in Sandro’s Men’s Collection is a “regular” for me. This baseball jersey tee is - and I say this with sincerity - amazing!
I paired it with these hunter green hi-top sneakers from Inspire The Brand.
Sandro Jersey / COS Pants (similar) / Inspire The Brand Sneakers (available in black) / Sisco + Berluti Bracelet
Read More ...
Last month, I went to Miami and got the beach bug. You know that unexplainable feeling that makes being inside unbearable … apparently, the only medicine for that is cloudless sunny weather and sand between your toes. That said, I’m making plans to take frequent day trips or weekend jaunts to some of the amazing spots in and around New York City.
I’ve made it a habit to keep a bag packed and ready when the travel bug starts to itch. Here’s what is inside my ‘Getaway Bag’:
1. Onia Stripe Towels - These towels are stylish without being over-the-top.
2. Onia Shorts in Orange – This swimsuit plays double-duty as a street short and swim trunk.
3. Onia Shorts in Floral – I think we all know I can’t travel without a little floral in tow.
4. Sebago Boat Shoe - Seriously one of the most comfortable, breathable shoes I own.
5. Coach Canvas Tote – This weekend bag makes getting out the door easy and organized.
6. Frends Headphones – On the train, by the pool, or in the sand, these headphones steal the show.
7. Tom Ford Sunglasses – Since it’s likely the only Tom Ford item I’ll ever get to own, I make these not-so-pricey sunnies a must.
8. Goorin Brothers Straw Fedora – When it’s hot outside, this bad boy keeps me cool. And look good on anyone, too.
8. iPad Mini – This miniature gadget keeps my life organized and stores all my favorite magazines for easy reading.
Want to shop my ‘Getaway Bag’ items? The good news is you can! MYHABIT has all the items in GREEN in stock starting today in their Swim & Sun Shop. Click Here to check it out!
Read More ...
Spring is the season I most look forward to each year: date-night weather, weekend road trips, and Sunday brunches in sidewalk cafés. There is something uniquely cool about spring style. Maybe it’s the ‘devil-may-care’ look of a rolled-up jean or the effortless effect tailored shorts give to any leg, I’m just in love with spring fashion.
This season, I’ve partnered with perennial favorite shoe brand Johnston & Murphy to upgrade one lucky reader’s spring style with the #PerfectPair of J&M shoes! As an avid explorer of the City, I’m always looking for shoes that not only parallel my style but also provide comfort and durability. Johnston & Murphy’s shoes have amazing traction that make even the dressiest options perfect for any terrain.
WIN a PAIR of Johnston & Murphy Shoes
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Read More ...
Can’t wait? Start shopping their Spring 2013 Collection today!
* Giveaway ends May 10, 2013. Winner will be contacted via email and announced on Twitter. *
The winds of change are currently blowing through Scout Sixteen. I wanted to apologize for the absence of content lately – but I’ve got some very exciting things coming to the site that I wanted to share with you. Over the next 4-6 weeks, a new Scout Sixteen will be born. It will be the same voice and level of content that you’re used to, but it will be expanded exponentially.
I’ll be introducing new categories, including: home, design, food, and travel. There will be stories written not only by me but also by some of my favorite writers/thinkers/innovators in each category. I will also be initiating a forum where this community of readers can continue to grow, voice their opinions, and communicate with one another. I’m thrilled to begin this journey with you guys – you’ve been fantastic until now and I can’t thank you enough for your continued support.
As an additional piece of news, I’m excited to announce that I’ve been inducted as one of the 20 members of the Target Inner Circle. Target started this program to give a handful of influencers the opportunity to see beyond the store racks with an all-access pass into the mind of one of the biggest retail companies in America. Over the next few months, I’ll be sharing some exclusive content with you and providing a sneak peek into what’s coming to a Target store near you!
Again, thanks for making this past 12 months the best I could have asked for. I can’t wait to see what these next 12 months hold for us!
Read More ...