With spring weather in full effect, I’m slowly (but surely) putting away my dark winter items and replacing them with vibrant, hue-happy pieces. Seersucker shorts, color-blocking polos and bright brogues (like these killer Johnston & Murphy wingtips)!
While I’m a big fan of the swap in clothing options, my favorite part of spring is planning weekend activities outdoors. Chances are that most Sundays I can be found with friends in Central Park enjoying a quiet run, a good book, or – best of all – pigging out in a potluck picnic. Everyone brings their favorite snack (or dish, if you’re culinary-inclined) and we chat/laugh/sing our way through a lazy Sunday afternoon. What are your favorite weekend activities in the spring?
Tips for a Winning Park Party
1. Check the Weather – This may be a no-brainer but you don’t want to arrive only to get soaked by an unexpected storm.
2. Timely Foods – Have everyone bring foods that can be served at the same time. Part of the fun is showcasing the spread and having everyone dig in as they please.
3. Bring the essentials – Don’t forget things like sunglasses, sunblock, bug spray, blankets, and wet wipes.
4. Mood Lighting – Fill mason jars with sand and put some small, white votives to keep the party going even when the sun goes down.
5. Croquet – It’s a simple, no-fuss game that is easy to set up and leaves everyone feeling like winners.
This post is the first in a series exploring spring activities, sponsored by Johnston & Murphy. Since 1850, Johnston & Murphy has made shoes that easily transition from work to play. Today, Johnston & Murphy continues to be a pillar of style and innovation for men and women worldwide.