I love going to the movies. It’s quite honestly my favorite thing to do when I have a little down time. I’ll also freely admit that I enjoy going to movies alone. Since I was in middle school, seeing movies in the theater is a visceral experience. The dark room, titanic-sized screen and surround sound permeate me in a way that leaves me feeling nothing short of giddy. I think it may be the idea of escaping “life” for a brief period of time – no talking, no texting, no task… no reality.
I thought it might be interesting to share my favorite movies with you guys… Some are classics, others are obscure but they’re all fantastic films (whether critics think so or not).
My 10 Favorite Films:
1. Jurassic Park (1993) – I want to play with dinosaurs… still.
2. La Vie En Rose (2007) – Marion Cottilard is just absolute perfection.
3. The Emporer’s Club (2002) – Always reminds me of the power (and humor) in friendships.
4. Titanic (1997) – I’m a sucker for romance and I refuse to apologize that this is in my top 10.
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) – Who didn’t pretend to be Indiana Jones as a youngster??
6. Midnight in Paris (2011) – Woody Allen’s genius rom-com had me fall in love with Paris all over again.
7. Rocky III (1982) – Classic Stallone, plus fun fact – my cousin Jimi Jamison (of “Survivor”) sang the theme song!
8. The Last Picture Show (1971) – Amazing cast, fantastic story.
9. Matilda (1996) – I can’t even count how many times I watched this growing up… #embarrassing
10. Skyfall (2012) – If I could be anyone else – I’d choose Daniel Craig as James Bond. Hands down.
What are some of your favorites? Are you a classic movie fiend or a modern movie master?
Scout Sixteen is a lifestyle blog from Justin Livingston. Justin grew up in Mississippi but relocated to New York City in 2008. On Scout Sixteen, Justin shares his passion in fashion, travel, food and drink, and mental wellness.